For the attractive look of steel wire and stone from a traditional gabion face, but at a lower cost than a mass gabion structure, the TensarTech RockWall is a perfect solution for many earth retaining structures.
By using only a single, narrow, gabion thickness at the face, with lower cost and much quicker to place (often site-won) reinforced soil fill material, which is reinforced with Tensar uniaxial geogrids to create a stable soil block behind, the cost savings become clear. The prefabricated galvanised steel cage facing units – welded edge on edge for stiffness and good looks – have been specially designed for face angles between 70˚ and 85˚. Using Tensar’s high security bodkin joint, rather than relying on friction alone to make sure the structure remains stable, these units are then securely connected to the geogrid.
The TensarTech RockWall System is provided complete with the full design and construction support of our team of experienced engineers. Using our sophisticated TensarSoil software, they can provide everything from free application suggestions, all the way up to a full design and supply service that includes Professional Indemnity insurance cover – meaning you can easily find the complete solution from just one source.
- Attractive, rock filled gabion appearance
- Often more economical than traditional mass gabion structures
- A fraction of the rock fill required by conventional gabions
- Reduced construction time and labour costs
- Lower cost, imported or site-won fill behind the facing units promoting sustainable construction practices
- Full design service using state-of-the-art software
- Full professional indemnity insurance
- Everything you need from just one source